20 June 2013

Kleicha: A Gift From Iraq


Its always nice to receive gifts, especially when feeling little under the weather...

One of my friends has just come back for a visit to the UK, all the way from Iraq. With her, a tasty parcel of the sweet stuff. I have a box with Iraq's Kleicha; mini pastries with date filling on the inside. I remember my friend making Iraqi pastries when we were at university in Portsmouth. She used to make a lot of these as well as what I call Arabic mini pizzas - these are an Arabic version. She would pack these up for us so we didn't have to cook during exam session. A life saver when doing all-nighters in the library. I am not sure what they are called in Iraq but the Lebanese version is called Lahm Bl Ajeen. Shown here by Heart n Soul catering.

My Kleicha was freshly baked by my friend's mum and flew all the way from Baghdad to London! My boyfriend has scoffed down a lot of them(Ok! So I helped too:) They are delicious! Below are some pictures of whats left...








These are great with tea. I found a great post by on how to make these at home. Check it out here

I have such a crazy sweet tooth! Have you tried these before? Or Baklava?  

Please don't forget to “like” me on Facebook if you haven’t done so already! Thanks for your support!

Bee

1 comment:

  1. I am very thankful for the sharing of the readers on this page is the page it will give me more confident in sharing this life are very useful to me in my job it makes me more confident that really do not know what to say to the readers wish to achieve success in life thank offline
    Kizi 3 Games

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.